Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Pics that I promised

Okay, let's see if blogger will work with me...
First off, here are a few pics of the "Go Bucks" gloves that I made for my godmother. They started out as this 50 gram ball of Lorna's Laces in OSU (I think that's the name) colorway.













Then it became this awesome pair of gloves. What's that? Oh, you want to see the cable up close? Okay...









I'm pretty proud of these. I have a few others that I have made including a pair of fingerless gloves but these are my favorites.







And this is what I had left of that 50 gram ball of yarn once the gloves were done.













Okay, since Christmas is long gone I can now show the pics of my mom and her special gift from me that brought tears to her eyes as she read the card that I wrote...


HA! She usually makes me cry with her sentimental gifts. Well this year it was my turn. She loved it. And so did the rest of my family.
Here is a picture of my skinny Christmas tree. I just love the star... This star has a little history. You see, that star was the very first star that my mom and dad had on their Christmas tree when I was little. It used to have a color wheel inside and once it heated up it would spin and it would give the room a disco effect. I always thought it was the coolest thing. So this star is at least 30 years old and still works. The cord and everything (except the bulb of coarse) is all original.
And Buttercup says...Happy New Year!
C-ya!


1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Hello,
Isn't it wonderful when your gifts can move the reciepent to tears. Lovely job!