Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Dog Buttercup

Usually I try not to talk about these things publically. I usually only share these kinds of stories with my friends and family (not saying you aren't friends), but....it was too funny not to share so here goes. Some of you will probably think this is gross but some of you may have experienced this mishap and can laugh with me.

Last night as I was sitting in bed knitting and my dog Buttercup was in a deep sleep at my feet. Well all of a sudden I heard this noise. A noise as if someone had blown up a balloon and was letting the air out slowly (you see where this is going, don't you). Well, anyway...it was enough of a noise to get my attention and also wake Buttercup up. Lo and behold, wouldn't ya know as this noise is progressively getting a bit louder, Buttercup sits up and starts sniffing. Then it dawned on me that my dog (yep, Buttercup) just let a ferosious fart...a loud one at that. So as I am scrambling to shove a pillow towards my face just in case, ya know, the odor of dog. I looked at her and she looked at me and I said to her calmly...I think you should leave now. And of coarse as if she understands everything I say she jumped off of my bed and went out in the living room to lay. After about 5 minutes of breathing through a pillow I lowered it slowly to make sure the air was safe for breathing AHHHHHHH it was (thankfully). About 10 minutes later poor Buttercup comes back in my room with her head down as if trying to be invisible and goes in and gets a drink of water and goes back out in the living room to sleep. When she came into the room I called for her to get back on the bed but she ignored me almost as if she was to embarrassed to even look at me. I have never laughed so hard at Buttercup in my life. I have had her for about 7 maybe 8 years and she is just the greatest dog ever. Thanks for reading my sick, goofy, funny story about my lovable pup Buttercup. I hope it made someone laugh:) C-ya!

No comments: