Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy Mother's Day



I know, I know...that was yesterday. But everyday is Mother's Day when you're a mom. I don't care how bad the day is going there is always something you can look back on and chuckle about. I always try to find the good in things vs. seeing the bad. Yes, I know, it's hard sometimes but hey, you only live once : )

Well, for my mom for Mother's Day I made her a pair of socks...with love. She loved them. This was the first pair of socks I had ever completed and they turned out great!!! Here are a few pics:



Here are a few pics of sock #1
And lookie there...at my ball of yarn, it kinda resembles an apple :)

Isn't it cute? It just happened by accident from where I tucked the center pull in. Anyway, back to the socks, my first socks, the socks that turned out great for my first complete pair...

And here are my mom's feet in her socks made with love :)


Ok, I promise...the last of the sock pics. Here are my mom's feet sportin' her new socks. They fit perfect!

Edit to add:

Sorry, I forgot to give the specs on my socks...I got so excited!

Pattern: Garter Bars Socks by Sockbug

Yarn: Knit Picks Essential in colorway grass and I used size 1 dpn's

One pair down and lots more fun to have. Next, footie's for my girls out of the kool aid yarn I dyed earlier. YAY!

Thursday, I stopped at my mom's house and she gave me a laser pointer. Now I have had many of these things, but when you have kids they disappear in seconds. Well, in my house...this is what happens:

Moonie decides (for once) that she's actually going to partake in the fun. (You can barely see it but the red dot is right beside her front paw.)


And here we have Buttercup and Vinnie stareing up at the ceiling for......


this red dot. Buttercup goes nuts for this thing. When you don't feel like taking her for a walk, all you gotta do is pull out the trusty laser pointer and let her chase it for a few minutes. Then she's wore out for the rest of the night. Now mind you...this dog will run herself in circles until she falls over dizzy if you let her. Nothing like free entertainment. C-ya!

1 comment:

Sourire11 said...

Your socks look great!!!!!