Monday, June 26, 2006

Answers for my SECRET Summer Sock Pal

Hello Secret Summer Sock Pal,

I got your email and could not respond to the "anonymous" gmail. Soooooo, I'll just answer you here.

1. What is your favorite summer drink?
I would have to say it is a strawberry margarita with sugar on the rim. YUM YUM!

2. Favorite summer activities?
I like a good game of corn hole and strolls in the local parks.

3. Favorite summer foods?
I love beer boiled brats on the grill with some mustard. Potatoe salad and baked beans make
great sides with a hot off the grill bratwurst.

4. Do you normally have to adjust sock patterns for them to fit you? or are they usually comfortable as written?
Well, I am actually working on my first pair of socks for me. And if you read below on my blog entry from Sunday 6/25 it actually shows a pic of my fat foot in my first sock. I am following this pattern as is. The only thing that I did change was I added a picot edge just to give these "manly" colors a feminine touch.

And as you can see from my choice of colors on my trek along sock that I am trying to get away from my safe color zone. Which is navy blues, hunter greens, and maroons. So I am willing to try anything. Except intarsia untill I make time to figure this thing out. On my Sunday blog entry there is a cute little scarlet and grey STRIPED bag....well, it was supposed to have a block "O" on it and I didn't have enough hands nor brains at the time to figure it out so it got stripes. And some of the yarns that I have yet to work with are: koigu, cherry tree hill, interlacements, lorna's laces, socks that rock yarn and probably a lot of others but that's what I can come up with off the top of my head. But I completely understand at the same time that some of these yarns also have a hefty price tag on them and I will buy them sooner or later. For some reason though koigu seems to be scarce. I have never seen it in person before. Until next time. C-ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!! I've been waiting for your answers. Now I can cast on!