Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ok, Time to Catch Up on Pics

Ok, last week I started on a cute little bag done in scarlet and grey. I was making it for a birthday gift for a neighbor girl and she loved it. Here it is before and after.


If you look, I have it setting on top of my washer lid...see how big it is?


And here it is in my 8 year olds hands. It's so tiny after being so big. But it turned out perfect for a 12 year old's birthday.

Specs: Galway plymouth yarn and a pattern from hello yarn (if I remember correctly)

Now onto my Trek Along Socks. Here are a few pics of the first one complete and the second one on the needles.


I decided for the first voyage, I'd keep it simple. So we went to our local watering hole.


And here are my girls, posing on a break for me. This is our local Moose Lodge pool where we are members. It's a nice area to sit back and relax. The pool is surrounded by trees and gives me alot of shadey areas to choose from to sit and knit.


Here is a pic of sock #1. This is the first pair of socks I am actually doing for myself. So far so good.


Here is a close up of the pattern. The pattern is called Eagle's Flight. Not only is this my first pair of socks for myself but this is the first pattern I chose to do. I like it alot and will use it often. It is very simple.


It was kinda hard to take a pic of the picot edge when I also have to be the model. So here is my attempt to show off the picot edge. I learned something new...I like the picot edge alot! but not for a pair of socks for me. I want my sock to hug my foot not just sit there.

Well, more pics to come later. I have gotten further on my Rogue and am quite pleased with my progress. C-ya!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What a cute bag! I love the socks too!

Sourire11 said...

love the bag! very Ohio State....