Monday, October 16, 2006

Knit the pounds away

On Friday the 13th I cast on for my Harvest Sock Swap sock. I got the cuff and the first repeat done. And then on Saturday, before I went to bed I had the sock completely done. Whoo Hoo! Now I just gotta find some goodies to send with it and get it in the mail. I so love this sock. I honestly believe that this is the best lookin' sock I have yet to knit. And to boot...this was the first time EVER that I knit a heel gusset. Let me just tell you...the instruction were Amy proof. And, this was the first time EVER that I followed a sock pattern from beginning to end. THAT ROCKS!!! And the colors. Well, I can't get into that as my sock is a secret and will be revealed in due time. I just hope that my pal loves it as much as I do. Don't worry pal. This is a quick knit and you'll be wearing a pair of awesome socks in no time.

As for the title of this post. Did you know that knitting all weekend long causes weight loss. Don't know how...but I've managed to lose 7 lbs this weekend and the only muscles that I believe got any kind of workout are my fingers from knitting. But where ever those pounds went they can stay. I don't want them back! And I didn't miss a meal at all this weekend. Hmmmmmmm.

My Central Park Hoodie is growing. The pattern calls for 14" in length but I want mine longer so that's what I'm working on now. I want about 17" from the armpit down. That should happen tonight and I'll start on the armhole decreases.

I'll leave you with a picture I took outside my bedroom door. My bedroom being at the back of the house walks out onto the back deck and this is what I saw...


The leaves were just getting ready to change colors. This was taken back near the beginning of October.

C-ya!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see photos!!!

Love the leaves. We don't have weather changes like that in Southern Arizona.