Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sleeve Island

Wow! I feel as if I have been knitting sleeves forever! After this I don't think I will ever complain about having Second Sock Syndrome again. I have completed my first sleeve...obviously since it's pictured in my previous post and am working on my second one. I am now a little over half way done. Thank goodness we only have 2 arms. If we had anymore I'd have to hang it up. This is on my Central Park Hoodie. I definately want to finish it before the KAL is cut off on December 15th. Plus the fact that it is a present makes it even more important. I have planned to start many other projects but have put them on hold as I want my knitting mojo for my CPH.

In other news, I have graphed out a sock pattern and now just need to test knit it to make sure what I put on paper looks the way I want it to on the real thing. I never thought that little 'ol me could ever do such a thing. Hmmmm, I wonder what else I can get into??? This thought may have to wait a little bit since I have Christmas gifts galore to make. Some knit and some sewn...if I get that far.

I am still working on my a few small things for my Harvest Sock Swap pal. I hope she enjoys them. And have yet to hear from mine. Maybe someday soon though. (sigh)

C-ya!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm curious how you do a three needle bind off on the sleeves? I've officially given up on my CPH until I have nerves of steel. (I'm working with Yorkshire Tweed and I have torn the yarn without much pressure at all, so I'm freaking out at the prospect of seaming the sleeves!) I would LOVE to use that method on my sleeves so I can chalk this one up as an FO!!! If you're willing to divulge, please email me at sweetarts at mac dot com.

Thanks, and it looks great so far!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Sleeve Island! We *will* finish our CPHs. :)