Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello blogosphere. Miss Amy here to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day. I will be staying home today since the weather outside is horrid. Here in my neck of the woods we are at a Level 2 Snow Emergency. That means if you plan on going anywhere to be very careful and please stay in if you do not have to go anywhere. So I called in today to find out that I am being charged a personal day. At this point, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

It's so bad outside and the snow is so deep that my poor puppy dog refused to step one foot in the snow. Instead she came back up onto my porch and went. I don't blame her though...I wouldn't want to dip my exposed rear end into that deep snow either. Later in the evening yesterday when we went back outside for the final time of the night, I had to break a path through the yard before she would even step foot out there. She was light enough that she was walking on top of the layer of ice over the 4-6 inches of snow.

Not that I actually celebrate this Hallmark Holiday but this will be #2 as a single person. Last year I still lived with my ex but he spent this day with his "girlfriend".

WOW! Looking back through my archives is wild. As of February 24th, 2007. I will have been on my own for a year. I have survived! Whoo Hoo! And I'll be completely honest...it hasn't always been easy. But you know what? I wouldn't change it for anything.

Being a single mother of 2 is great. I enjoy doing my own thing and not having to answer to anyone. It's been great doing for myself and all but sometimes I would like to have someone to share time with. You know...when the kids are with their dad and his girlfriend and her 2 boys. It has been a year. Maybe someday I will find someone. You never know.

As for knitting content (since this is my knitting blog). I haven't finished my daughter's jaywalkers yet. For some reason I just haven't been in the mood to knit. Maybe today I will work on them. The first one turned out great and fits her perfect. She is really excited to have a pair of mom knitted socks. Maybe here in a little bit I'll take pics of my new knitting books. Yes, I said books. Yes, that means I'll be reading. I think this past year I have read more than ever. Between blogs and patterns I have read alot of interesting things. So thanks blog family, for keeping me interested. C-ya!

No comments: