Monday, July 23, 2007

Just Monkey-ing Around...

Ok, so I've been a little slow to start something new since the baby sweater. But I have alot on my plate right now. Like a little business trip to the west coast. Yep, you read it with your own two eyes...I am going to California! YAY!!! I have NEVER been before so this is exciting for me...Not to crazy about the whole flying thing, but I'll get over it. I plan to take lots of pics (hopefully) and some knitting. I want to start my very first lace project. I have found the perfect pattern, now I just have to find my yarn. I think I'm going to go with something from Knit Picks just because it fits my budget right now. I'm going to keep the pattern a bit of a mystery for now just in case it turns out to be a total flop (doubt it). I'm not one for trying the simple things to begin with so I am going to jump in with both feet and not look back. Just like me with learning how to do cables. I chose one of the harder patterns to begin with. The Rogue! So I'm not one to try simple things first.

Also, I went into my LYS for a knitters night out and heard that they may be hiring part time help. Sounds like my cup o' tea. I let them know I was interested...now I just have to wait and see. "Pay me in yarn please!"

And here is what I've been working (slowly) on...



Yep, if you guessed Monkey, you got it right. And I decided to go with a short row heel for a change. I haven't done one in a while so I felt up to the minor challenge of trying to remember how to. I think my memory was pretty good this time around. LOL!

Here's another pic....just cuz!



Yep, that's it...just Monkey-ing around!

C-ya, Dreem

No comments: